Sunday, November 22, 2015

Harry Potter Prequel - Chapter Zero

Harry Potter has been a big thing in many peoples lives for years now. I have attempted to read the books, but never really settled down to do so. But the movies, that is a whole different story. Harry Potter films in my house were a big deal. We would go to the midnight releases, have Harry Potter binge weekends in the pitch dark living room and never leave our pajamas.

Harry Potter is a coming of age story, plus much more. It was something we all grew up with in this generation, and we grew up with Harry Potter, going through similar things dealing with school and love. Minus all the magic and death of course.

In highschool and college (or some part of our lives) we will find our Hermione or Ron, and then we will find our Ginny. Friends that will last for ever and the love of our life. Things that we are all destined to find eventually.

I read the Harry Potter Prequel Chapter Zero, and wow I wish JK Rowling was actually writing that. The idea of Sirius Black and James Potter as kids causing mischief was so fun. Diving into the world of Harry Potter is pure magic, and that is not to be punny.  Harry Potter has become a different universe where we can escape to, find refuge, and entertainment. I remember when I was younger sitting at my computer playing the Harry Potter PC game for hours and hours on end. Getting sucked up in a world where I could walk around castles and take down dementors for hours. I can only imagine how incredible a prequel would be as a book, and even as a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment