Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Star - Space Opera

I read Arthur C Clarke's The Star

This story was very interesting, and a very visual representation of traveling through space. Which I saw very clearly in my head. 

The main character, a priest, is having trouble believing his faith on this journey, for some unknown reason. On their journey back to earth, they find remnants of a civilization that was destroyed by a supernova. A civilization like ours, that was suddenly destroyed, after calculations he related this all back to the star relating to Jesus's birth, which restores his faith. 

Though I do not find myself as a religious person. This short story makes a lot of sense, and it is an interesting concept in conjoining science with religion. Which I guess could be controversial in ways to some people. But it is a very interesting concept, which I don't think I have seen many times before in different space opera's etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment